A short report from NASA JPL with the latest news from Mars:
And this longer video shows a talk by Troy Hudson of JPL about NASA’s Mars InSight Mission, which is scheduled to launch in May of this year and land on Mars in November. Hudson focused on using Insight’s sensors to investigate the interior of Mars:
1. Monday, Feb. 26 , 2018: 2-3:30 pm PST (4-5:30 pm CST, 5-6:30 pm EST): We welcome back Marcia Smith of SpacePolicyOnline.com to discuss the details of the new NASA budget.
2. Tuesday, Feb. 27, 2018: 7-8:30 pm PST; 9-10:30 pm CST; 10-11:30 pm EST: We welcome back Dr. Pascal Lee for Mars water ice and more updates.
3. Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2018: Hotel Mars. See Upcoming Show Menu and the website newsletter for details. Hotel Mars is pre-recorded by John Batchelor. It is archived on The Space Show site after John posts it on his website.
4. Friday, March 2, 2018; 9:30 AM-11 am PST, (12:30 -2 pm EST; 11:30 am -1 pm CST): We welcome Jerry Black re his recent Space Review article on canceling SLS, DSG, and Orion.
5. Sunday, March 4, 2018: 12-1:30 pm PST; 2-4:30 pm EST; 2-3:30 pm CST. We welcome Alice Glenn of the recent Starship Congress to speak about living in very extreme environments. You can see her Starship congress talk at
** Heidi Fearn, Professor of Physics at The California State University Fullerton, Space Studies Institute NASA Innovative Advanced Concepts (NIAC) Team Principle Investigator and SSI Senior Associate presents “The Mach Effect Gravitational Assist Drive ”
Update: Saw this video this evening. Fun to watch Jansson’s enthusiasm and openness about an usual experimental phenomena they have seen repeatedly. I expect, though, they will turn out to be an instrumentation error of some sort.
** Dr. Peter M. Jansson – Associate Professor of Engineering at Bucknell University, President of Integrated Systems – “An Empirical Pursuit of Mach’s Principle: Experimental Results Indicating a ‘Machian’ Inertial Reaction Force is Detectable and Electromagnetic.”