Here are some recent TMRO.tv Space Pod short video reports on a variety of topics:
* Top 5 Astronomy Stories of 2015 – SpacePod 12/25/15
TMRO Astronomer Jared Head tells us his Top 5 astronomy stories of 2015 (and don’t forget to watch all the way to the end).
* Unplanned spacewalk on the station – Space Pod 12/23/15
TMRO correspondent Lisa Stojanovski explains why a sudden unplanned spacewalk on the International Space Station was such a big deal.
* SPACEX MAKES HISTORY!!! – Space Pod 12/22/15
On Dec. 21st 2015 SpaceX successfully returned their Falcon 9 rocket to flight status, successfully delivered 11 Orbcomm satellites to orbit, and made spaceflight history when they landed the first stage of the rocket safely at a landing zone near the launch site.
* How To View A Meteor Shower – SpacePod 12/18/15
TMRO Chief Astronomer Jared Head shows you how to properly view a meteor shower.
* Surfing on the Space Station – Space Pod 12/16/15
Today we take a look at the Dynamic Surf experiment being performed on the International Space Station to better understand heat transfer in space.
TMRO programs are viewer supported:
TMRO Space Pods are crowd funded shows. If you like this episode consider contributing to help us to continue to improve. Head over to http://www.patreon.com/spacepod for information, goals and reward levels. Don’t forget to check out our weekly live show campaign as well over at http://www.patreon.com/tmro
The CineSpace project is a short film competition sponsored by NASA and Houston Cinema Arts Society (HCAS). The framework for the contest is that the films must inspired by and use actual NASA imagery. The first competition took place in 2015 and you can find the winning films and all the entries at CINESPACE 2015 Winners – Houston Cinema Arts Festival.
Below are the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
Here is an article about the competition: Space Never Looked So Good In These NASA Collab Short Films – MTV
Details for entering the 2016 competition can be found on the CineSpace website.
Mary Magsamen and Stephen Hillerbrand
Fernando Dueñas Peña
Alexandre B. Lampron
The guests and topics of discussion on The Space Show this week:
1. Monday, Dec. 28, 2015: 2-3:30 PM PST (5-6:30 PM EST; 4-5:30 PM CST): No show today due to my back physical therapy appointment..
2. Tuesday, Dec. 29, 2015:,7-8:30 PM PST (10-11:30 PM EST, 9-10:30 PM CST): We welcome back TOM OLSON for his annual year in review program. Don’t miss it as this is a very long standing Space Show end of the year tradition with Tom.
3. Friday, January 1, 2016; 9:30 -11 AM PST (12:30-2 PM EST; 11:30-1 PM CST) No Show in honor of New Years. HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE FROM THE SPACE SHOW.
4. Sunday, Jan. 3, 2016: 12-1:30 PM PST (3-4:30 PM EST, 2-3:30 PM CST): We start the New Year off with our traditional OPEN LINES SHOW. Let’s see if it sets some kind of an agenda for space 2016.
/– The Space Show on Vimeo – webinar videos
/– The Space Show’s Blog – summaries of interviews.
/– The Space Show Classroom Blog – tutorial programs
The Space Show is a project of the One Giant Leap Foundation.
Everyday Spacer (Pam Hoffman) hosts the latest Carnival of Space.
Some videos made by admirers of SpaceX:
Here’s a Kerbal Space Program animation of last Monday’s Falcon 9 launch that saw the insertion of 11 ORBCOMM satellites into low earth orbit and the successful return of the first stage for a landing back at Cape Canaveral: