This 4K visualization shows the Moon’s phase and libration at hourly intervals throughout 2018, as viewed from the Northern Hemisphere. Two ‘supermoons’ will ring in the New Year on Jan. 1, 2018 and Jan. 31, 2018.
Each frame represents one hour. In addition, this visualization shows the moon’s orbit position, sub-Earth and subsolar points, distance from the Earth at true scale, and labels of craters near the terminator.
** Elon Musk and SpaceX: Interplanetary Transport System (ITS) by Dr. Robert Zubrin – Dr. Zubrin, co-founder and President of the Mars Society, reviews SpaceX’s BFR and discusses other space developments in 2017 and what will happen in 2018:
1. Monday, Dec. 25, 2017: 2-3:30 PM PST (4-5:30 PM CST, 5-6:30 PM EST): No show today due to Christmas. Merry Christmas everyone.
2. Tuesday, Dec. 26, 2017: 7-8:30 PM PST, 10-11:30 PM EST, 9-10:30 PM CST: We welcome back Kim Holder of Moonwards for 2017 updates and a look ahead for Moonwards in 2018.
3. Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2017: Hotel Mars. See Upcoming Show Menu and the website newsletter for details. Hotel Mars is pre-recorded by John Batchelor. It is archived on The Space Show site after John posts it on his website.
4. Friday, Dec.29, 2017; 9:30 AM-11 AM PST, (12:30 -2 PM EST; 11:30 AM-1 PM CST) We welcome back Tom Olson for his annual space year in review program.
5. Sunday, Dec. 31, 2017: 12-1:30 PM PST; 2-4:30 PM EST; 2-3:30 PM CST. Welcome to our 2018 Space Show New Year’s resolution program. Let us know your space related New Year’s resolution and what you plan to do to keep your resolution.