This page provides an array of real-time images and data for the sun and solar wind. There are also lots of links to additional solar and space weather resources. See the Aurora & Meteors page for real-time info on the Northern and Southern Lights, which are directly influenced by solar activity.
|Solar X-rays: Geomagnetic Field:||
Views of the Sun:
Phoebe Waterman Haas Public Observatory
Broadcast live streaming video on Ustream
Current Geo-Magnetic Storm Conditions
Berkeley SPRG – Dst Index
Sunspots and the solar cycle
- General Solar/Space Weather:
- SpaceWeather.com – daily news on solar and space weather developments.
- Space Weather Canada
- Current Space Weather – SW Canada – real-time graphs and data
- Solar Page | Watts Up With That? – big collection of solar images and data displays
- NOAA/Space Weather Prediction Center
- The Sun Live
- Space Weather Enthusiasts Dashboard – NOAA / NWS Space Weather Prediction Center
- Solar Images/Data:
- Very latest SOHO images
- iNtegrated Space Weather Analysis System (iSWA) – interactive selection of solar weather displays
- Current Solar Data: NOAA data
- Joint Science Operations Center HMI-AIA –
- The Sun Now – ESA
- GOES Solar X-ray imager
- The Sun-Earth Connection: Heliophysics – NASA – News, images and data about NASA solar and space weather research
- The Sun Today: Directory to the Latest Solar Images and Interplanetary Data – Berkeley – many images of the sun in visible light, UV, X-Ray, and other wavelengths.
- Mauna Loa Solar Observatory (HAO/NCAR)
- Interface Region Imaging Spectrograph (IRIS) – NASA
- Solar Wind:
- ACE Real Time Solar Wind – NOAA
- Advanced Composition Explorer (ACE)
- Latest 48 hour solar wind data – – Univ. of Maryland
- Sunspots/Solar Cycle:
Here is my older more traditional style viewer of real time solar and space weather data:
Sun & Space Weather
Sun, solar wind, aurora images and data.
8 thoughts on “The Sun & Space Weather”
תנו כבוד לשמש
Comments are closed.