Catching up with recent presentations to the Future In-Space Operations (FISO) study group. The presentation materials are posted in the FISO Working Group Presentations Archive for the following 3 talks.
* On-Orbit Servicing: Telepresence and the DEOS Simulator, Jordi Artigas , DLR – May.7.14
- An overview of the German space agency (DLR) in-space robotics projects, past and present. An intro to telepresence
- Artigas_5-7-14.pdf – slides
- Artigas.mp3 – audio
A timeline of DLR space robotics projects:
* Mission to Mars Using Six ‘Not So Easy’ Pieces, Mike Raftery, Boeing- May 14, 2014
- An “affordable” Mars exploration architecture based on SLS/Orion plus a Solar Electric Powered (SEP) tug for both cargo & crew, inflatable habitat module, lander system, and an ascent system.
- Raftery_5-14-14.pdf – Main slides
- extra- Transition from ISS to Deep Space Exploration.pdf – IAC 2013 paper
- extra- An Affordable Mission to Mars.pdf – IAC 2013 paper
- Raftery.mp3 – audio
* Solar Sail Description and Space Weather (and Other) Mission Capabilities, Bruce Campbell , (formally ATK, GSFC) – May 21, 2014
- An overview of the basics of solar sails, types of solar sails, a review of previous, current and future projects
- Campbell_5-21-14.pdf – slides
- Campbell.mp3 – audio