The guests and topics of discussion on The Space Show this week:
1. Tuesday, Mar. 28, 2023; 7 pm PST (9 pm CST, 10 pm EST): We welcome back Retired USAF Lt.Col. Peter Garretson on SSP (Space Solar Power), security, and much more.
2. Hotel Mars – Wednesday, Mar. 29, 2023; 1:00 pm PST (3:00 pm CST, 4:00 pm EST): TBD. Check the Upcoming Show Menu at www.thespaceshow.com for updates on scheduling.
3. Friday, Mar.31, 2023; 9:30-11 am PST (11:30 am-1 pm CST, 12:30-2 pm EST): We welcome Duncan Farrah on his recent paper regarding black holes and Dark Energy. There will be a link to the paper on the blog for this program.
4. Sunday, Apr.2, 2023; 12-1:30 pm PST (2-3:30 pm CST, 3-4:30 pm EST): We welcome you to another Open Lines program. We look forward to your call at 1-866-687-7223.
Some recent shows:
** Sunday, Mar.26.2023 – Dr. George Sowers discussed
commercial space development, Cis Lunar development, in space propulsion and fuels, space settlement and much more. We also talked about space resources and the corresponding program at the Colorado School of Minds.
** Friday, Mar.24.2023 – Sebastien Jean talked about “data storage and chip usage in space with his company of Phison Electric“.
** Hotel Mars – Wednesday, Mar.22.2023 – Dr. Jeffrey Foust spoke with John Batchelor and Dr. David Livingston about “the readiness and launch license for the upcoming Starship by SpaceX demo flight“.
** Tuesday, Mar.21.2023 – Robert Zimmerman talked about “SpaceX and Starship plus FAA launch license delay, Blue Origin, ULA, U.S. launchers, 3 D printing, ice on Mars, Boca Chica launch site, Bloomberg’s article on Musk and the Administration plus much more“.
**** Sunday, Mar.19.2023 – Chris Carberry of Explore Mars discussed
in detail the upcoming H2M event later in May. See www.exploremars.org for details. Not only did we discuss the event but multiple issues relating to humans getting to Mars.
** Friday, Mar.17.2023 – Dr. Chris Impey, professor in astronomy at the Univ of Arizona, spoke about
timelines to Mars, settlement and humans in space. For the second half we talked about his upcoming new exoplanet book plus exoplanet research and discovery.
** Hotel Mars – Wednesday, Mar.15.2023 – Dr. Harold C. Connolly Jr. talked with John Batchelor and David Livingston about
the finding of more than 20 amino acids in the sample returns from Ryugu. We talked about both Ryugu and Bennu being from the earliest part of our solar system in the far out part of the Ort Cloud. Dr. Connolly explained the significance of the amino acids but also he talked organics and what they mean. He said Ryugu was a pristine example of the early solar system. In terms of exposing the samples to Earth’s atmosphere, he said there was negative impact and for Bennu and other sample nitrogen would be used as a type of preservative.
** Tuesday, May.14.2023 – Richard Easton talked about
the Vanguard rocket which turned 65 years old, early navy and army satellites, the Explorer 1 and America’s first satellite, alternative histories had the U.S. been the first to space, not the USSR and much more. In addition, Richard talked about GPS, a subject close to him since his Dad is considered the inventor of GPS. Also, early Naval Research Lab history was discussed as applied to space.
** See also:
* The Space Show Archives
* The Space Show Newsletter
* The Space Show Shop
The Space Show is a project of the One Giant Leap Foundation.
=== Amazon Ads ===
My Quest to Transform NASA and
Launch a New Space Age
The Space Value of Money:
Rethinking Finance Beyond Risk & Time