During this week’s Hotel Mars segment on John Batchelor radio program, Gerald Nordley talked with Batchelor and David Livingston “about Kepler Space Telescope extrasolar planet discoveries, the habitable zone, Earthlike planets, the Kepler naming and identification system and more”: John Batchelor Show Hotel Mars, Wednesday, 1-16-13 – Thespaceshow’s Blog.
Bob Zimmerman gave his latest science/space news report on the Batchelor show on Wednesday (instead of his usual Tuesday time) : Wednesday 01/16/13 – Batchelor Fourth Hour | John Batchelor Show.
In this show Bob talked about an ice drilling project at Lake Whillans in Antarctica, wildfire damage to an astronomy observatory in Australia, and the announcement of the plan to install a Bigelow expandable module on the ISS.
See the iTunes free Podcast for links to the latest John Batchelor shows.
Update: Here are the topics that Bob discussed during this segment on the Thursday, Jan. 17th show:
1. Robot demo on ISS delayed due to software issue.
2. An expensive Frankenstein in space.
3. Global warming scientitst James Hansen teams up with Occupy Wall Street!
Segment 2: private aviation and space
1. A river on Mars.
2. 11 pound gold nugget found in Australia.
3. More details about Bigelow’s deal with NASA (and others!) to launch privately-built space station modules.
4. Private space stations vs the Outer Space Treaty.