Thurs 7/25/13 Hour 3 – John Batchelor Show
1. The effort to fix Kepler does not look good.
2. Orion parachute drop test a success.
3. Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, and Raytheon all show better than expected profits despite sequestration.
4. Hints that Congress is finally beginning to realize that commercial space is the way to go.
Bob also recorded a segment for an upcoming program, perhaps to be broadcast this weekend, in which he discussed the following topics:
1. The pale blue dot, as seen from Saturn and Mercury.
2. More climate fraud: the routine lowering of past climate data to make today’s temperatures seem hotter.
3. Pro-global warming scientists, called to testify by Barbara Boxer, are forced to admit the temperature stopped rising 10-15 years ago.
4. The explanation for why the climate hasn’t warmed these past 10 years: the heat is hiding!
[ Update: This episode is available at Mon 7/29/13 Hr 3 Batchelor.]
On Wednesday, David Livingston joined Batchelor for the latest episode of the weekly Hotel Mars segment. They talked with space law expert Michael Listner about the “legalities & issues regarding asteroid and resource mining in space”: John Batchelor Hotel Mars, Wednesday, 7-24-13 – Thespaceshow’s Blog