The guests and topics of discussion on The Space Show this week:
1. SPECIAL SHOW: Tuesday, Mar. 7, 2023; 9:30 am PST (11:30 am CST, 12:30 pm EST): We welcome Dr. Heinrich Pas on his new book, The One: How An ancient Idea Holds The Future Of Physics [Amazon commission link].
2. Tuesday, Mar. 7, 2023; 7 pm PST (9 pm CST, 10 pm EST): Dr. Alan Hale returns regarding comments, astronomy and much more. Alan co-discovered the Hale-Bopp comet.
3. Hotel Mars – Wednesday, Mar. 8, 2023; 1:00 pm PST (3:00 pm CST, 4:00 pm EST): TBD. Check the Upcoming Show Menu at www.thespaceshow.com for updates on scheduling.
4. Friday, Mar.10, 2023; 9:30-11 am PST (11:30 am-1 pm CST, 12:30-2 pm EST): We welcome Fabian Alefeld on the economics of space and the tech fueling it. Fabian is with Additive Minds and hosts the EOS podcast.
5. Sunday, Mar.12, 2023; 12-1:30 pm PST (2-3:30 pm CST, 3-4:30 pm EST): Open Lines program. Call and let us know what is on your mind. Call 866-687-7223
Some recent shows:
** Sunday, Mar.6.2023 – Dr. Ajay Kothari discussed “his perspective on the need for all of us to be in space, engage in commerce, science, all of it“.
** Friday, Mar.3.2023 – Laura Montgomery discussed
… the Oct. 1, 2023 expiring commercial space moratorium and what it represents. Plus we talked legal concepts for space settlement and much more.
** Hotel Mars – Wednesday, Mar.1.2023 – Eric Berger gave an update to John Batchelor and Dr. David Livingston “on Starship and other matters of importance, urgency, and interest“.
** Tuesday, Feb.28.2023 – Dr. Namrata Goswami provided a “detailed look at China and their comprehensive quest for power including space power, America’s response and leadership concerns, lunar development and return, technology, AI, robotics, 3 D printing and much more“.
** Sunday, Feb.26.2023 – Joe Carroll came “this time to talk seriously about orbital debris issues“.
** Hotel Mars – Webnesday, Feb.22.2023 – Anatoly Zak of RussianSpaceWeb.com gives John Batchelor and Dr. David Livingston an update on
the Russian space station plans for 2027. In addition, we talked about U.S. commercial stations, the use of LEO and competition in LEO, Russia’s focus on a polar orbit and why for its station, the commercial station science park model, government subsidies and what that might do to support or hinder commercial station growth and commerce.
** Tuesday, Feb.21.2023 – Clayton Mowry described the
[e]volution of commercial launch and satellite industry, transformational changes, volume to orbit, mass, fairing size makes a difference, commercial space stations, BLEO commercial applications in cislunar, space hotel economics and more.
** See also:
* The Space Show Archives
* The Space Show Newsletter
* The Space Show Shop
The Space Show is a project of the One Giant Leap Foundation.
=== Amazon Ads ===
Space Race 2.0:
SpaceX, Blue Origin, Virgin Galactic, NASA,
and the Privatization of the Final Frontier
The Superstrong, Superthin, and Superversatile Material
That Will Revolutionize the World