Bob Zimmerman reports on the latest space news during regular weekly slots (usually Tuesday and Thursdays) on the John Batchelor radio program. See the iTunes free Podcast for links to the latest shows.
Thursday 05/30/13 Batchelor Hour 4:
We discussed climate and the failure of all global warming models to predict the lack of warming in the past 15 years.
Friday 05/31/13 Batchelor Hour 1
1. The big asteroid flying past Earth today has its own moon.
2. Engineers suspect an meteor impact caused the shutdown of a weather satellite last week.
3. Further analysis has confirmed that Curiosity traveled through a streambed last year.
4. CFCs now linked to climate change.
5. The increase in CO2 is making the Earth greener.
1. Data taken by radiation sensor on Curiosity during its journey to Mars suggest it will be possible to build shielding to protect humans.
2. The Hubble Space Telescope celebrates its fourth year of operation since the last shuttle repair mission.
3. The new space race: The construction timelines for both Golden Spike (private) and SLS are practically the same!
Charles Lurio joined David Livingston and Batchelor to discuss the influence of Star Trek on real space exploration and development : John Batchelor Show Hotel Mars, Wednesday, 5-29-13 – Thespaceshow’s Blog