A sampling of links to recent space policy, politics, and government (US and international) related space news and resource items that I found of interest (find previous space policy roundups here):
- Space law:
- The Artemis Accords: The Trump administration’s effort to bypass the Outer Space Treaty | Behind The Black
- Artemis Accords: One Small Step for NASA, Not So Giant a Leap for Space Law – TechFreedom
- NASA’s Artemis Accords Engage International Partners – National Space Society
- NASA Unveils “Artemis Accords” – SpacePolicyOnline.com
- Trump space:
- NASA human spaceflight:
- NASA Artemis:
- US states space:
- California officials reject subsidies for Musk’s SpaceX over Tesla spat – Yahoo.com
- Tesla and SpaceX to Houston? Mayor Turner writes to Elon Musk – khou.com
- Falling into space with the Spaceport Authority | Las Cruces Bulletin
- Commercial Astronaut Training Facility Eyed for Spaceport Camden – Camden County, GA
- Space solar power:
- US national security:
- What does Hyman Rickover have to do with the Space Force? – POLITICO
- The US Space Force now has a flag. Here it is. | Space.com
- Project Convergence: Linking Army Missile Defense, Offense, & Space – Breaking Defense
- Senators ask Air Force to not terminate partnerships with space launch industry – SpaceNews.com
- Explaining China’s space ambitions and goals through the lens of strategic culture – The Space Review
- Bridenstine Scolds China Over Long March Reentry Debris – SpacePolicyOnline.com
- China’s commercial satellite sector sees boost from ‘new infrastructure’ policy – SpaceNews.com
- China’s Chang’e-4 probe survives 500 Earth days on Moon’s far side – Xinhua
- More details of China’s space station unveiled – Xinhua
- The Latest Chinese Space Launch Presents Both a Problem and an Opportunity for NASA – Mark Whittington/Satnews
- India To Open Up Space To The Private Sector – SpaceWatch.Global
- Govt welcomes private sector as “co-travellers” in new space initiatives – cnbctv18.com
- Govt opens space sector for private players – OutlookIndia.com
- “Now, L&T and Godrej can join hands like Boeing and Lockheed Martin’s ULA,” says Gateway House scholar cheering India’s ‘biggest space reform’ | Business Insider India
- Space is strategic sector, needs appropriate safeguards, say veteran scientists | Deccan Herald
- Moon exploration projects could help Russia-US cooperation – TASS
- Russia’s Roscosmos Says Ready to Discuss Moon Exploration With NASA – Sputnik International
- New head of Russia’s Energia space firm to focus on orbital station concept – TASS
- Reports of US not willing to cooperate with Russia on Moon incorrect – TASS
- Roscosmos space agency invites NASA top officials to visit Russia – TASS
** The Space Show – 05/18/2020 – Space law expert Michael Listner talked about “The Artemis Accords, a new National Space Policy, the recent E.O [Executive Order] on lunar return and resource – space mining and more”.
** The Space Show – 05/15/2020 – Michelle Hanlon of For All Moonkind discussed the the efforts to protect the Apollo landing sites, the Administration’s space policy executive order, The Artemis Project, space property rights, etc.
Intelsat filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection May 13 in hopes that restructuring will position the No. 2 satellite operator to win nearly $5 billion from an FCC spectrum program. The company flies roughly 50 satellites and generates around $2 billion in annual revenue, but has labored for years under a crushing $15 billion debt load.
Questions to be addressed in this webinar:
Can Intelsat emerge from bankruptcy a healthier company?
What impact will Intelsat’s bankruptcy have on the FCC’s C-band clearing program?
What are the broader implications for an industry accustomed to building and launching a steady stream of satellites for Intelsat?
SpaceNews Editor-in-Chief Brian Berger and Staff Writer Caleb Henry were joined with a panel of veteran analysts.
Armand Musey, President, Summit Ridge Group
Giles Thorne, Managing Director, TMT Equity Research, Jefferies Financial Group
Nathan de Ruiter, Managing Director, Euroconsult Canada
=== Amazon Ad ===