Online Registration is open until August 18, 2013.
The Technical Program will run from Friday, August 23, 2013 through Sunday, August 25, 2013:
- Space Elevator Overview Presentation: The popular conceptual design
- Presentations on Tether Climbers: The theme and main focus of this year’s conference
The Strong Tether Challenge: Canceled this year due to lack of competitors
- Carbon Nanotube (CNT) Research: Latest progress in high strength CNT research
- Various Workshop on Space Elevator Feasibility: Multiple workshops throughout the conference on various space elevator topics.
- SE Impact on the Future: Transformations enabled by the SE – space exploration, resource utilization, and more
- Shotgun Science Session: Ideas not ready for prime time: rapid sequence, 5 minutes each
On Saturday 24th, there will be a one day Family Science Fest.
The Space Elevator Conference presents the third annual Family Science Fest on Saturday, August 24. This day-long, family-friendly event has something for everyone and you’ll have the entire museum to explore, top to bottom. Local companies, organizations, schools and universities will offer hands-on activities, displays and demonstrations with the focus on STEM (science, technology, engineering and math). Roam the museum’s Side Gallery and watch teams compete in a special robotics competition; visit Robot Alley and the Gadget Gallery; participate in a special STEM Scavenger Hunt; learn about the Space Elevator and its importance to mankind at Space Elevator 101 and 201 presentations. This event is included in the Museum of Flight admission price.