1. Monday, March 24, 2014, 2-3:30 PM PDT(5-6:30 PM EDT, 4-5:30 PM CDT): We welcome DR. JEFF BELL who is returning to The Space Show to discuss NewSpace and much more.
2. Tuesday, March 25, 2014:, 7-8:30 PM PDT (10-11:30 PM EDT, 9-10:30 PM CDT): We welcome DAN FREYER to tell us about the important upcoming Space Tech Expo in Long Beach, CA from April 1-3, 2014 (see www.spacetechexpo.com).
3. Friday, March 28, 2014, 9:30-11 AM PDT (12:30-2 PM EDT; 11:30 AM-1 PM CDT): We welcome ADAM BRINCKERHOFF of Space United to the show. See www.spaceunited.org. Adam currently directs the Satellite Humanitarian Imagery Mission (SHIM-1), which donates imagery to relief organizations all over the world to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their work. .
ANS 082 Weekly AMSAT Bulletin – March 22, 2014:
* Your Purchases at AmazonSmile.com Donate to AMSAT-NA
* AC0RA Road Trip to Activate Grids in ND, SD, CO, NE, and KA
* High Altitude Balloon Flight to Carry APRS and Crossband Repeater
* Es’hailSat 2 Satellite to Carry Amateur Transponder
* $50Sat Receives an OSCAR Number
* FO-29 Extreme DX Contact
* Satellite Activation From the Isle of Lewis
* 33rd Annual 2014 ARRL/TAPR Digital Communications Conference Announcement
* 2014 AMSAT Field Day Rules Now Available
A collaboration between the Qatar Amateur Radio Society, the Qatar Satellite Company, and AMSAT-DL has resulted in the announcement of a geostationary amateur radio payload aboard the proposed Es’HailSat-2 commercial satellite.
======= Advert =========
NewSpace Global is proud to announce the release of the NewSpace Global 2014 SmallSat Report. This report takes a market-focused approach to the small satellite (“SmallSat”) sub-vertical, studying market histories, trends, and near-term forecasting to inform critical business decisions. The Report examines the global industry leaders, major investors, and sources of revenue in this sometimes obscure market, which has already raised over $200Mln in investments and which NSG Analysts think could potentially exceed $1Bln in revenue by the end of 2014. For more information, please visit www.newspaceglobal.com/smallsatreport.