This week’s episode of NASA’s Space to Ground weekly report about activities related to the International Space Station:
** Multinational Trio Undocks from Station, Heads Home to Earth – On Thursday, a Soyuz capsule departed from the ISS with “NASA astronaut and Expedition 60 Flight Engineer Nick Hague, Expedition 60 and Soyuz commander Alexey Ovchinin of the Russian space agency Roscosmos, and visiting astronaut Hazzaa Ali Almansoori of the United Arab Emirates“.
** Touchdown! Three Multinational Crewmates Return to Earth – The Soyuz safely landed a few hours later in Kazakhstan.
** Station Focuses on Busy Spacewalk Period After Trio Returns Home – Space Station/NASA – Ten EVA’s planned for the ISS crew during the final months of 2019:
- Oct. 5: Christina Koch and Andrew Morgan
- Oct. 11: Andrew Morgan and Christina Koch
- Oct. 16: Andrew Morgan and Jessica Meir
- Oct. 21: Christina Koch and Jessica Meir
- Oct. 25: Jessica Meir and Luca Parmitano
- Oct. 31: Oleg Skripochka and Alexander Skvortsov
Five more spacewalks are planned in November and December aimed at repairing the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer.