As discussed over the weekend, the Nucleus software that I’ve been using for the blog has been causing abnormally high rates of database processing and so my hosting service cut off access to the DB. Rather than try to fix this with a software package that is becoming obsolete and unsupported, I decided to move to WordPress.
I need to work on importing the old posts and to work on the appearance. In the meantime, though, I’ve decided to restart my postings.
Update: I currently require registration for comments because almost immediately after opening the blog yesterday I got a couple dozen spam posts. As soon as I can find a suitable captcha/etc spam blocker plugin I’ll open comments.