It took more than 200 astronauts from 12 countries more than a dozen years to build the International Space Station (ISS). Satoshi Furukawa, an astronaut from Japan, matched that feat in just about two hours — and he did it all while aboard the orbiting outpost itself.
It helped that his space station was made out of LEGO.
And don’t forget that the conversation continues in Spacevidcast After Dark. You can get access to After Dark by signing up for Spacevidcast Epic: http://www.spacevidcast.com/epic – Your subscription helps us continue to create awesome content.
ANS 055 Weekly AMSAT Bulletin – February 24, 2013:
* STRaND-1 Launch Information
* AMSAT and Virginia Tech Sign Collaboration Agreement
* Upcoming ARISS Contacts
* AMSAT-DC Workshop on Portable Satellite Ground Stations
* US Airforce Upgrades SpaceTrack Website For Keplarian Orbital Data
* Mission to Mars Announcement Expected