Spacevidcast posts their latest program: Is Mars One a scam, fantasy or brilliant idea? – Spacevidcast
Mars One is looking to send humans on a one way trip to Mars for a reality TV show. They are taking applications and your money today. How will they get there? Don’t know. How will they survive? Don’t know that either. Is this a scam, poorly thought out fantasy or our best hope to put humans on an alien planet?
In Space News we look at Virgin Galactic’s supersonic test flight, NASA is giving Texas a shuttle and is buying more seats on the Soyuz.
For the show after the show check out Spacevidcast epic. Starting at just $10/mo or $100/yr Spacevidcast epic helps us keep producing the show and bringing you great, exclusive space content. Check it out at http://www.spacevidcast.com/epic
Marc Fusco talked on The Space Show on Sunday about “Space history and presidential politics with JFK, Presidents Johnson & Nixon”: Marc Fusco, Sunday, 4-28-13 – Thespaceshow’s Blog.
Jeff Foust of The Space Review (+ spacetoday.net, Space Politics, and NewSpace Journal) spoke on the John Batchelor Show last Tuesday 04/23/13 about the Chelyabinsk fireball event.
Bob Zimmerman reports on the latest space news during regular weekly slots (usually Tuesday and Thursdays) on the John Batchelor radio program. See the iTunes free Podcast for links to the latest shows.
Tuesday 04/23/13 Batchelor Hour 3
- Antares success
- SpaceX grasshopper success
- Virgin Galactic space tourism success.
Thursday 04/25/13 Batchelor Hour 4
- Russian Progress cargo spacecraft’s antenna problem
- Apophis and the keyhole
- Cassini sees meteoroids hitting Saturn’s rings
- Climate change prediction misses
Wednesday 04/24/13 Batchelor Hour 1
The weekly Hotel Mars segment this week with David Livingston included guest William Borucki of NASA who talked about the recent discovery by the Kepler space observatory of exoplanets in the habitable zone of their stars.
Update April.29.13: I missed this in my earlier scan of the JBS programs last week. I see that my friend Jeff Foust of The Space Review (+ spacetoday.net, Space Politics, and NewSpace Journal) spoke on the John Batchelor Show last Tuesday 04/23/13 about the Chelyabinsk fireball event.
Here is the latest Planetary Society Hangout: Planetary Society Weekly Hangout: 2014 NASA Budget Update and Planetary Defense Conference Recap – The Planetary Society
Casey Dreier discusses the latest 2014 Budget at NASA and what it does to Planetary Science (and what the Society is doing about it), plus other policy issues.
Planetary Radio host Mat Kaplan joins us to discuss the Society’s Planetary Defense Conference in Flagstaff, AZ, which wrapped up last week.
And our Senior Editor, Emily Lakdawalla, comes in at the end to talk about her recent trip to New York City for the press conference announcement of Mars One, the group that wants to land humans on Mars (and never have them return).
The list of programs on The Space Show this week:
1. Monday, April 22, 2013, 2-3:30 PM PST (5-6:30 PM EST, 4-5:30 PM CST): No show today as I am teaching my UND Space Studies class.
2. Tuesday, April 23 2013 2013, 7-8:30 PM PST (10-11:30 PM EST, 9-10:30 PM CST): No program as I am still in Los Angeles. The Open Line show planned for tonight will be rescheduled as soon as possible.
3. Friday, April 26, 2013, 9:30-11 AM PST (11:30- 1 PM CST, 12:30PM-2:00 PM EST): We welcome CHUCK KILLIAN to discuss the The Mars Society‘s MDRS [Mars Desert Research Station] Mission Support & Planning project.
4. Sunday, April 27, 2013, 12-1:30 PM PST (3-4:30 PM EST, 2-3:30 PM CST). We welcome MARC FUSCO to discuss his graduate space thesis regarding the JFK – Nixon space policies, commercial space and more.
/– The Space Show on Vimeo – webinar videos
/– The Space Show’s Blog – summaries of interviews.
/– The Space Show Classroom Blog – tutorial programs
The Space Show is a project of the One Giant Leap Foundation.