Copenhagen Suborbitals posted this video of tests of a model capsule taken with their new high speed camera:
Update:Kristian von Bengtson has also posted a report on development of their Tycho capsule: Public DIY Space Capsule Development Report – Wired Science/Wired.com
Go to AMSAT News for the latest headlines about developments in amateur and student satellites and for updates about amateur radio on the ISS.
ANS 013 Weekly AMSAT Bulletin – January 12, 2013:
* AMSAT Store Sells Out of Initial Supply of Broadband Preamps
* FITSAT-1 LED Schedules
* NASA Announces Student Internships for Summer
* Upcoming ARISS Contact Schedule
The Space Show this week:
1. Monday, Jan. 14, 2013, 2-3:30 PM PST (5-6:30 PM EST, 4-5:30 PM CST): No show today as am teaching at UND..
2. Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7-8:30 PM PST (10-11:30 PM EST, 9-10:30 PM CST): OPEN LINES. First time callers are welcome, all space topics are welcome.
3. Friday January 18, 2013, 9:30-11 AM PST (11:30- 1 PM CST, 12:30PM-2:00 PM EST): We welcome back DR. EDMUND STORMS for updates with Low Energy Nuclear Reactions and more. Dr. Storms was last with us in January 2012.
4. Sunday, January 20, 2013, 12-1:30 PM PST (3-4:30 PM EST, 2-3:30 PM CST). We welcome back JIM MUNCY for a TWO HOUR special program on space policy for 2013. Mr. Muncy is co-founder of the Space Frontier Foundation and runs PoliSpace Consulting.
/– The Space Show on Vimeo – webinar videos
/– The Space Show’s Blog – summaries of interviews.
/– The Space Show Classroom Blog – tutorial programs
The Space Show is a project of the One Giant Leap Foundation.a
As discussed over the weekend, the Nucleus software that I’ve been using for the blog has been causing abnormally high rates of database processing and so my hosting service cut off access to the DB. Rather than try to fix this with a software package that is becoming obsolete and unsupported, I decided to move to WordPress.
I need to work on importing the old posts and to work on the appearance. In the meantime, though, I’ve decided to restart my postings.
Update: I currently require registration for comments because almost immediately after opening the blog yesterday I got a couple dozen spam posts. As soon as I can find a suitable captcha/etc spam blocker plugin I’ll open comments.
I’ve decided to use WordPress software for the time being. Looks like the Nucleus CMS is gradually dying out. I hope to transfer the archived posts from the Nucleus DB to the WordPress DB so any posts between now and then may get moved or, worst case, deleted in the process.
Regardless, I will try to get back to daily posts very soon.
Thanks for your patience!