The second half of the interview with Rick Boozer on Doug Turnbull‘s Mars Pirate Radio program has now been posted on line: Episode XXIX – dougturnbull. The first part of the interview is available at : Episode XXVIII – dougturnbull. They focused on the issues raised in Rick’s new book, The Plundering of NASA: an Exposé, How pork barrel politics harm American spaceflight leadership.
Other recent space policy/politics related items:
- Space Policy Events for the Week of November 11-17, 2013
- Downsizing NASA runs into political opposition – SFGate – about the roadblocks placed by Congresspersons whenever NASA tries to close a facility or move one to where it would be more efficient.
- Sending Olympic Torch to Space, Russia Flaunts Inspiration Superiority – Leroy Chiao/Supporting Spaceflight/Space.com
- Evans: Space in a country that is ceasing to wonder – Boulder Daily Camera
- Gingrich looks back at 2012 as he reiterates his vision for space policy – Space Politics
- Commercial Cargo Victory Lap – Space KSC
- Russian Academy of Sciences: Meteorite threat becoming more acute because of growing population density – ITAR-TASS
- Poor countries want space programs more than rich ones do: Spending on space exploration is booming—just not among traditional space powers – Ars Technica
- Watch Where You Step on the Moon – The Once and Future Moon
Update 2: The first lecture in the Rice University’s Space Frontiers Lecture Series is titled Whose fault is it anyway? The politics and policy of commercial space pay to play, by Maria-Vittoria “Giugi” Carminati on November 19, 2013.