** University of Tokyo’s AQT-D: AQUA Thruster-Demonstrator was delivered to the ISS in the HTV-8 cargo module launched by a H-IIB rocket on Sept.24th. The student built CubeSat will be deployed from the station later this year. The goal is to demonstrate the AQUARIUS (AQUA ResIstojet propUlsion System) water micro-propulsion system, which is suitable for smallsats.
Find more about AQUA and other water based propulsion systems in Water propulsion technologies picking up steam – SpaceNews.com.
- AO-7 to Enter Full Illumination Period October 9, 2019
- 2019 AMSAT Symposium On-line Registration Open Until October 11
- New ARISS Proposal Window is October 1, 2019 to November 30, 2019
- VUCC Awards-Endorsements for September 2019
- Amateur Radio Gets Temporary Use of 2400 MHz in Spain
- AMSAT-SA to Fly Cubesat Transponders on Balloon Flight
- SSTV Event Planned for ARISS on October 9, 2019
- Upcoming Satellite Operations
- ARISS Activities & Upcoming ARISS Contact Schedule
- Satellite Shorts from All Over
General CubeSat/SmallSat info: