A sampling of links to recent space policy, politics, and government (US and international) related space news and resource items that I found of interest (find previous space policy roundups here):
- NASA Artemis:
- Commercial Crew:
- Spaceflight regulation:
- Space debris:
- US military space:
- International space
- With New Partnership, UN Aims to Make Space More Accessible to Developing Countries | Space.com
- Funding for Russian space industry to be expanded – TASS
- Roscosmos plans to make 10 Angara rockets annually from 2024 – Rogozin – Interfax
- UK eases sanctions on Russia under Mars exploration project – TASS
- First Emirati astronaut lands with Russian and US crewmates from space station | collectSPACE
- Russia’s space corporation eyes talks on longer spaceflight of UAE astronauts – TASS
- Britain’s National Space Council: Putting the ‘bloody Union Jack’ on top of spacepower? – SpaceWatch.Global
- UK tries to get ahead in European space race – POLITICO
- Sutherland spaceport plans cover ‘extensive’ site – BBC News
- Councillors to scrutinise early Sutherland space port plans next week | Press and Journal
Deborah Tomek’s journey to become the Acting Director of NASA STED was far from easy. While at times struggling with self-doubt and confidence, she reminds us what it means to listen to your inner voice and strive to become the mentor you wish you had when you were younger. She’s worked on wind-tunnel tests, led research on the Space Shuttle heat shield, and so much more—all leading to her current position at NASA STED, which develops the technology that, years from now, will forever change how we live and work in space.
** The Space Show – Fri, 10/04/2019 – Space lawyer Laura Montgomery talked about “Planetary Protection, commercial space, human spaceflight regulations, commercial space law, space property rights and much more”.
** The Space Show – Tue, 10/01/2019 – Michelle Hanlon talked about “For All Moonkind, preserving and protecting space and cultural artifacts, Apollo lunar sites, lunar site protection in general and more”.